Dr. Ping Gao and I will have an opportunity to share our ideas about Curriculum for the 21st Century with you in a Webinar that we will be giving on April 26, 2012 at 4:00 CST.
We will be discussing the need to rethink how education should be framed and explore some tools for making the changes.
Here are some links to the resources we have shared. If you don't find something important here that you think should be included, just add it in the comment section below.
Watch our hour-long webinar. We have participants from Oklahoma, Arizona and around Iowa.
Watch this Slide Show on SlideShare
- 21st Century Video - Greg Whitby talks about the curriculum DNA.
- Van Meter Social Media - Interview with students about how they have used Social Media in their learning.
- Iowa Universal Constructs - The universal constructs identified following an analysis of the competencies and habits of mind needed for future successes in careers, college and citizenry.
- Technology Integration Matrix - Florida Technology Integration Matrix creates a 25-cell table that integrates 5 types of Meaningful Learning Environments (Jonassen et al) with 5 levels of Technology Integration (Apple Classroom of Tomorrow). Filled with 100 short videos of best practice examples for Math, Science, Social Science and Language Arts.
- TPACKing for a Wild Learning Trip - This is a link to a resource page that I created for my students when they were studying TPACK. It is filled with a plethora of resources about the Technological, Pedagogical and Content Knowledge (TPaCK) model.
- Book: From Fear to Facebook by Matt Levinson Pub: ISTE
Exceptional book where a school administrator chronicles his many adventures while directing a school into a 1-to-1 paradigm. Must read!!!
Z & G