|Flickr: Corey Leopold|
In short, here is a list of the soon-to-be-gone stuff. You can review the list and then read a more in-depth discussion of them at his blog. Provide your opinion in the comments section.
Will these be gone in 2020?
- Language Labs,
- The Role of Standardized Tests in College Admissions,
- Differentiated Instruction as a Sign of Distinguished Teachers,
- Fear of Wikipedia,
- Attendance Offices,
- I.T. Departments,
- Centralized Institutions,
- Organization of Educational Services by Grade,
- Education Schools that Fail to Integrate Technology,
- Paid/Outsourced Professional Development,
- Current Curricular Norms,
- Parent-Teacher Conference Night,
- Typical Cafeteria Food,
- Outsourced Graphic Design and Web Design,
- High School Algebra 1, and
- Paper - Really?.